where inspirations created...
Monday, March 23, 2009
firstly...let me express my honour and greatful feelings to those that put an interest in learning how to make this bag....thank you all
- 3 1/2 in. squares ( 32 pieces)
- 3 1/2 x 12 1/2 in rectangle ( base - 1 piece )
- 12 1/2 x 27 1/2in. ( lining )
- 3 x 28in. ( binding )
1 - sew together all the squares and join to the base...to make 12 1/2 x 27 1/2
- do the basting and quilt as desire
- once finished..trim edges
2 - fold the bag rectangle in half on seam line, sew together sides edges
- repeat step on lining
3 - to shape flat bottom for bag...at one corner match bottom seam line to side seam line, creating a flattened triangle...sew on drawline 3in..trim excess fabric (shown diagram)
- repeat step on remaining corners and lining
- center the bag and mark
- pin ends of one handle to one side of the bag body, placing each end 1 1/2in from top edge
- place handles 2 1/2in. from marked centering point...(shown diagram)
- sew second handle to the other side to complete bag
- insert bag lining into the outer bag..wrong sides together..
- sew both piece together
- lastly sew binding around top edge ..and hand-stitch the inside folded binding
....walla...the bag is done....!!!
p/s : really hope that my instructions are easy enough to follow....please try and happy sewing